When considering your options for gallbladder surgery, it can be intimidating to research what is best for your case. This is why consulting with a bariatric specialist is best to understand the best options for gallbladder or gallstone removal such as laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.
What to Expect
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) is done to get rid of gallbladder and gallstones through a lot of little incisions in the abdomen. The surgeon in charge of this operation enlarges your abdomen with carbon dioxide or air to view the operation area properly.
The surgeon fixes a scope that is lighted on a video camera (laparoscope) which is inserted into one incision close to the belly button. The surgeon then uses a video monitor as a guide while inserting surgical instruments into the other incisions in order to be able to remove your gallbladder.
Before the removal of the gallbladder, you might need to have a special X-ray procedure done. This procedure is called intraoperative cholangiography and it shows the inside of the bile ducts. A minimum of 2 hours of general anesthesia is needed to carry out this surgery.
After the surgery, bile flows from the liver from the main bile duct and takes into the small intestine. Because the gallbladder has been taken out, the body will not be able to be to store bile after meals. In most cases, this doesn’t affect digestion.
Schedule Your Consultation
Not everyone is a good candidate for laparoscopic surgery. No matter what information you read online, the absolute best way of finding out whether or not laparoscopic surgery is the right choice is to schedule an in-person 1-on-1 consultation with our experienced laparoscopic surgeon in El Paso today.
When a weight loss procedure was introduced a few decades ago, its sole purpose was to help people lose weight. Today, it does a lot more than just that. Weight loss surgery has been shown to improve symptoms of weight-related conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, acid reflux, sleep apnea, and heart disease. What’s more, doctors can now tackle weight from multiple angles, making almost any case of overweightness or obesity remediable by surgery. Fortunately, there are several treatment options to help you begin your weight loss journey.
Types of Weight Loss Procedures
- Gastric Bypass – This well-known procedure is performed to limit the amount of food your stomach can hold. The surgeon creates a pouch at the top end of your stomach, to which the small intestine is cut and connected. Food thus flows into the intestines without getting into the main part of the stomach, effectively reducing the amount of food you can take per sitting and, consequently, the amount of calories your body absorbs.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – This treatment is pretty similar to gastric bypass, except for the fact that the cut portion of the stomach is removed entirely from the body. The objective is straightforward – to physically reduce the size of the stomach, so you get full without eating much. The surgery also reduces one’s urge to eat as the hormone that alerts the brain when one gets hungry is located in the section of the stomach that is cut off. Sleeve gastrectomy heals more quickly than gastric bypass and is suitable for people who have had multiple other surgeries in the abdominal area.
- Adjustable Gastric Band – In this, an inflatable balloon is placed inside a silicone ring, which is attached to the upper part of the stomach. A small tubing is attached to the balloon with one of its endings connected to a port placed under the skin in the abdomen. Using the port, the surgeon can modulate the diameter of the opening at the top of the stomach and to create a pouch where food sits for a while after a meal so the individual feels full faster.
- Biliopancreactic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS) – The BPD/DS involves two procedures: a sleeve gastrectomy – where part of the stomach is tied into a banana-shaped pouch – followed by the surgical attachment of the small intestine to the pouch. It is known as a malabsorptive surgery as it is designed to regulate the number of calories absorbed along the gut. It makes the food storage part of the stomach much smaller and makes the food reach the small intestine faster.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Weight loss surgery is the way to go if you’re looking for a quick and effective way of shed the few extra pounds. To find out if you are a candidate for a weight loss procedure, contact your bariatric specialist in El Paso TX to schedule your consultation.
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is performed to eliminate gallstones and gallbladder via many small incisions in the abdomen. For your laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, El Paso Bariatric Surgery is the ideal practice to turn to. We are dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate services. Our experienced team is happy to serve patients throughout El Paso, Texas.
Our Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
To perform the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, the specialist in charge of the procedure will enlarge your abdomen with air or carbon dioxide to properly view the operation area. Also, our specialist attaches a scope that features a video camera before inserting it to the incision close to the stomach region.
Next, the specialist uses a video monitor to check the procedure while inserting surgical tools into other incisions to enable them to detach your gallbladder. Before removing the gallbladder, the specialist may recommend a special X-ray. This procedure is termed intraoperative cholangiography, which reveals the inner compartment of the bile ducts.
What to Expect After Surgery
The professional may require you to stay in the medical facility for a short time. Another fantastic thing is that no special diets are needed after undergoing the surgical procedure.
Why It Is Done
- The procedure is done when there is no health risk associated with it
- The surgery is performed to treat gallstones
Why It Is Effective
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is very safe and effective in removing gallstones that are featured in the gallbladder. However, the gallstones can form in the common bile duct after removing the gallbladder. Nevertheless, this doesn’t happen regularly.
Things to Consider
- You will have much time to spend on essential tasks after undergoing the laparoscopic surgery procedure.
- Another fantastic thing is that people don’t spend much time in the medical facility after laparoscopic surgery compared to open surgery. The patients often return home on the same day or the next day.
- Recovery is less painful and way quicker than open surgery.
Contact Us Today!
Contact us today at El Paso Bariatric Surgery to schedule an appointment for your laparoscopic gallbladder surgery. Our experienced professional doctors will be happy to meet with you and discuss your options.
Many people often spend a very long time researching various posts, websites, and articles for information without taking practical steps. Ensure that you take action by scheduling an appointment with a specialist to enable you to take complete control of your life.
For your weight loss surgery, El Paso Bariatric Surgery is the ideal practice to turn to. Our specialist will consider is your BMI and recommend the right procedure for you. We serve individuals throughout El Paso, TX, and surrounding areas.
Weight Loss Surgery Information
Weight loss surgery is performed on patients with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of at least 35 coupled with two associated medical issues related to a BMI of 40 or obesity. These operations are carried out via small incisions and require the patient to spend two nights in practice.
Types of Procedures for Weight Loss Surgery
Gastric bypass is done via small incisions. Here, the specialist will create a small pouch in the upper area of the stomach to bypass the distal stomach and part of the small intestine. This procedure enables the patent to shed more than 70% of its additional bodyweight.
The sleeve gastrectomy is done laparoscopically, and the patient will spend one night in practice. A significant portion of the stomach is resected, which changes the individual’s metabolic status, leading to a loss of around 70% of the additional bodyweight. Our specialist also performs revisional bariatric surgery to modify or revise a previous surgery. Note that this is a complicated operation that numerous specialists cannot achieve.
- Our specialist; Dr. Benjamin Clapp, has been dealing with weight loss surgery for more than a decade
- The recovery process is quick and fast due to smaller incisions
- Patients reported improved quality of life after the surgery
- Most medical complications will improve
- Patients often lose 100 lbs.
Contact Us Today!
Get in touch with us at the El Paso Bariatric Surgery today to schedule an appointment. Our experienced team will be available to discuss your weight loss options.
Reflux surgery is often required for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms. For your reflux surgery in El Paso, TX, El Paso Bariatric Surgery is the ideal practice to turn to. Our specialists possess several years of experience in treating reflux disease and performing the reflux surgery. We are proud to serve patients throughout El Paso, Texas, and surrounding areas.
What is Reflux Surgery (GERD)?
When the stomach acid flows in the opposite direction, it causes acid reflux. Mild reflux symptoms are fixed by healthy life changes, diet, and prescription drugs. However, severe acid reflux symptoms can only be corrected by reflux surgery. Reflux surgery replaces or repairs the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). This valve keeps the acid flow in its normal state. Anytime there is a distortion to this valve, acid reflux occurs.
Benefits of Reflux Surgery
Some benefits of reflux surgery include:
- Prevents long-term medications for gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Prevents further complications
- Relieves symptoms of GERD
Choose El Paso Bariatric Surgery for Your Reflux Surgery in El Paso, TX
At El Paso Bariatric Surgery, we provide performing different reflux surgeries, including hernia Repairs, Nissen Fundoplication, and Fundoplication. Our reflux surgery procedures are highly effective and will help enhance your lifestyle.
What’s more, our experienced team will discuss your reflux surgery requirements to determine the GERD surgery that is appropriate for you. Our specialists will understand your need and provide personalized care for you. When you visit our practice located in El Paso, TX, you can expect the following for your reflux Surgery:
- We treat our patients with respect and care
- We will attend to you at your scheduled time without waiting in the queue
- Our professional team will discuss everything about the treatment
- We will provide comfort throughout your treatment and appointment
Over the years, we have had fantastic reviews from different people due to our quality service delivery and professional conduct. One of them, Kimberly Gonzalez, based in Fort Hancock, TX, stated that he would recommend our practice because of his remarkable experience with Dr. Clapp and our experienced staff members.
Book an Appointment!
Please schedule an appointment with us at El Paso Bariatric Surgery today for your Reflux Surgery. Our team can help provide a long-term solution to your GERD symptoms.
Gastric bypass surgery is one of the best surgical procedures used for weight loss, especially when other techniques have not delivered desired results. El Paso Bariatric Surgery is the right practice to turn to for your gastric bypass surgery in El Paso, TX. Dr. Benjamin Clapp and our experienced team will perform the surgery and help achieve excellent results.
Gastric Bypass Surgical Procedure
The gastric bypass surgery or procedure is done via small incisions (laparoscopic). A small portion of the upper layer of the stomach is slit to bring up a piece of the intestine and bypass a part of the small intestine and the distal stomach. Our surgical experts will make you feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the surgery.
Benefits of Gastric Bypass Procedure
Gastric bypass is one of the most standard bariatric surgeries that is often performed to eliminate excess weight. The procedure was termed the most common kind of bariatric surgery in 2015 and is widely referred to as the “gold standard” for this process.
- Losing weight is guaranteed. Generally, an average person loses up to 80% of the excessive body weight after 18 months of undergoing the surgery
- Individuals with type 2 diabetes will notice significant progress, and also, there is a high possibility of eliminating the issue.
- You will be limited to consuming small meals due to your smaller stomach size after the surgery procedure
- You wouldn’t have to deal with the consumption of carbohydrates to keep weight off
- Individuals who are on treatment for high cholesterol or high blood pressure may notice improvements to boost their recovery
- After surgery, the majority of the patients maintain more than 50% of the excess weight loss
- You may notice hormone improvements which include metabolism improvements and increased testosterone
Award-Winning Gastric Bypass Surgeon
Asides from being a medical specialist, Dr. Benjamin Clapp has played a significant role in the publication and research of various articles relating to Gastric Bypass and other similar surgical procedures.
Book an Appointment Today!
Book an appointment with El Paso Bariatric Surgery today for your gastric bypass surgery. Dr. Benjamin Clapp and our experienced team will be available to discuss your options.
Do you have concerns about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)? Then you can benefit from reflux surgery. People live with acid reflux and associated issues for years. You should not do that. Reflux surgery is an effective treatment for GERD and can certainly help you live a healthier and more enjoyable life.
What is Reflux Surgery?
Reflux surgery is a procedure that repairs or replaces the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which is the valve that normally keeps the acidic content of the stomach from flowing back into the esophagus. It is an effective treatment that improves the symptoms of GERD and helps patients enjoy a better life.
Who Needs Reflux Surgery?
Acid reflux is an important surgery for those who suffer acid reflux. GERD patients experienced heartburn and other symptoms of acid reflux because their lower esophageal sphincters are damaged or weakened. Reflux surgery fixes this important valve and improves the quality of life for the patient.
What are the Benefits of Reflux Surgery?
The major benefits of reflux surgery include:
- It is an effective treatment that can put a stop to acid reflux and its accompanying troubles
- Surgery is the quickest way to treat acid reflux and prevent future problems associated with the condition.
- It will help patients to avoid taking long-term medications for GERD.
Where to Get Reflux Surgery
Have you been diagnosed with GERD? Do you think you are a good candidate for reflux surgery? El Paso Bariatric surgery may be the right place for you. Dr. Benjamin Clapp is an experienced surgeon who has performed several types of reflux surgeries. He is adept in fundoplication, Nissen fundoplication, hernia repairs, including Hiatal hernias and paraesophageal hernias, among many others.
Dr. Clapp is also surrounded by an excellent team of professionals who will make your experience exceptional . The Dr. will discuss your specific condition and will work with a plan for reflux surgery that is best suited for you. Book an appointment to get started.
Hernia repair surgeries are done to return displaced tissues (mostly an internal tissue or organ that breaks through a hole in the muscles) to their proper position. It is a form of surgical treatment that resolves problems and prevent emergencies. After diagnosis, it is important to have hernia repair surgery as early as possible.
Important Things to Know About Hernias
Here are some important facts you probably don’t know about hernias that you really need to know:
- Some hernias (especially small ones) may not cause noticeable symptoms
- Hernia repair surgeries are general generally classified as herniorrhaphy or hernioplasty
- Some hernia repair surgeries can be completed in one day
- Hernia surgeries are mostly safe and effective.
Types of Hernia Repair Surgeries
Generally, there are three approaches to hernia repair surgery, including open surgery, laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery, and robotic hernia repair.
While the three approaches have their merits, laparoscopic surgery is fast becoming the most popular approach.
If you are diagnosed with a hernia, the surgeon will discuss your options and recommend the best approach to repair the hernia. At El Paso Bariatric, we mostly recommend laparoscopic hernia repair.
What to Expect During Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
Laparoscopic hernia repair is a minimally invasive style of hernia repair that offers several advantages over the open surgery system. If after your consultation with our experienced surgeon it is determined that this is the right procedure for you, a day will be fixed for it. This is a day surgery, so you can expect to return home the same day.
Laparoscopic hernia repairs involve making three ½ – 1cm incisions on the abdomen. A laparoscope (long, thin, camera) will be moved into the abdomen through one of the incisions, while tiny surgical instruments will be moved in through the other incisions. The surgeon will have a clear internal view of the abdomen on a monitor and repair the hernia.
Book an Appointment
Do you feel you may be a good candidate for hernia repair surgery? Book an appointment with us. Our experienced surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Clapp, and his excellent team will take good care of you.
There are many ways to lose weight, but when you want to achieve a significant result in as little time as possible, weight loss surgery is recommended. Actually, weight loss surgeries produce instant results that will make you happier and healthier.
Who Needs Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgery is recommended for individuals whose Body Mass Index (BMI) is 35 or above, with two associated medical problems related to obesity. It is for individuals who are technically obese, regardless of how they feel about their weight and body.
How Weight Loss Surgeries Are Performed In El Paso
If you decide to have a weight loss surgery, there are two major options we will recommend for you – gastric bypass and gastric sleeve.
Gastric bypass is a laparoscopic procedure performed through small incisions. In this method, a small pouch will be created in the upper portion of your stomach, bringing up a piece of the intestine and bypassing the distal stomach and portion of the small intestine. It is possible for patients to lose between 70 and 80% of their extra body weight after this surgery.
Gastric sleeve is also a laparoscopic procedure, but it is a little more ambitious as it requires resecting about 80 – 90% of the stomach. After the procedure, patients’ metabolic status can change significantly, and this can result in up to 70% loss of extra body weight.
Patients may need revisional bariatric surgery for weight loss, which is when patients need their previous surgeries revised or modified. Our surgeon, Dr Benjamin Clapp, is also an expert in this type of surgery.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
Weight loss surgeries performed by El Paso Bariatric Surgery has many benefits, including:
- Instant weight loss of up to 100 lbs.
- Improvement of medical issues after surgery.
- Better quality of life for the patient.
- Quicker recovery time due to the laparoscopic methods.
Do you think you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery? Book an appointment with us for a one-on-one consultation and treatment by one of the best Bariatric Surgeons in El Paso and surrounding areas.
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is the right treatment for individuals who need to get rid of gallstones. Also known as cholecystectomy, this is one of the advanced procedures used by Dr Benjamin Clapp to take care of patients and achieve the results they desire.
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in El Paso is an effective and safe way to remove gallstones. The procedure can be effectively used to remove stones that are located in the common bile duct.
What Is So Special About Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery In El Paso?
The first important thing to understand is that Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is a minimal-invasive procedure. It is done through a lot of little incisions in the abdomen. Very tiny instruments are also used for the procedure.
All Laparoscopic gallbladder procedures in our El Paso office is conducted by Dr Benjamin Clapp, a trained bariatric surgeon who has been in practice for more than 14 years. A board-certified General Surgeon, Dr Benjamin, is an expert in bariatric surgery and also a specialist in laparoscopic surgery in El Paso.
What to Expect
A laparoscopic gallbladder surgery normally requires two hour’s general anesthesia. After the required level of anesthesia is met, the surgeon will inflate your stomach with carbon dioxide or air to make the operation sight clearer and easier to work on.
A scope that is lighted on a video camera is passed into the abdomen through one of the small incision to display the operation site clearly on a monitor. The tiny surgical instruments needed for removing the gallstone will be inserted through the other incisions.
After the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, you may be required to stay in the hospital for a day or two. It may take longer, but you can always be sure that you will recover much faster than someone who has an open surgery to remove gallstones.
Do you need laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in El Paso and surrounding areas? Call us to book an appointment.