Gastric Bypass Surgeon in El Paso, TX for Weight Loss
Gastric Bypass surgery is used as a tool for weight loss when other options have not returned satisfactory results. Gastric Bypass was initially introduced in 1967, but since then has advanced greatly over years – perfected by Benjamin Clapp, MD FACS, currently one of the best gastric bypass surgeons in El Paso.
Overview of the Gastric Bypass Procedure
The gastric bypass is performed laparoscopically (through small incisions). A small pouch is created in the upper portion of the stomach, bringing up a piece of intestine and bypassing the distal stomach and a portion of the small intestine.
Useful Gastric Bypass Resources:
Benefits of Gastric Bypass Surgery
The gastric bypass has been one of the most popular bariatric surgeries for weight loss results. The procedure was named the most popular bariatric surgery option in 2015 and is considered the “gold standard” for bariatric surgery.
- You will lose weight. The average person loses 70-80% of their excess body weight in the first 18 months post surgery.
- Those with type 2 diabetes will see significant improvement. In some cases may even eliminate the condition.
- You will not physically be able to consume large meals due to your smaller stomach size following the procedure.
- You can get sick from eating too many carbohydrates, including sugar, which helps keep weight off.
- Those who are on medication for high blood pressure or high cholesterol may see improvements significant enough to lower medications or come off of it entirely.
- Studies have shown 90% of patients maintain at least 50% of excess weight loss after surgery.
- You may see hormone improvements, including increased testosterone and metabolism improvements.
Award-Winning Gastric Bypass Surgeon in El Paso
Benjamin Clapp, MD FACS has played an integral role in the research & publication of various professionally written articles pertaining to Gastric Bypass and other bariatric surgical procedures.
Gastric Bypass Surgery in EL Paso Results in a New YOU!
Benjamin Clapp, MD FACS is an award-winning gastric bypass surgeon in El Paso, TX who can help you change your life for the better if you have not had success through other weight loss methods. Whether you have been referred by another Doctor or are interested in the surgery, we will help you.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, you may call our office @ 915-351-6020 or you may conveniently contact us online and we will respond as soon as possible.