Benefits of Gastric Bypass Surgery | El Paso TX
For many, losing weight can seem like an unachievable dream. It can be a source of anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. With gastric bypass surgery, many who though losing weight was not for them find it is possible. With their newfound confidence, they also discover the additional benefits of choosing gastric bypass surgery in El Paso, TX.
Why Choose Gastric Bypass?
The gastric bypass has been one of the most popular bariatric surgeries for weight loss results. The procedure was named the most popular bariatric surgery option in 2015 and is considered the “gold standard” for bariatric surgery.
- You will lose weight. The average person loses 70-80% of their excess body weight in the first 18 months post-surgery.
- Those with type 2 diabetes will see significant improvement. In some cases may even eliminate the condition.
- You will not physically be able to consume large meals due to your smaller stomach size following the procedure.
- You can get sick from eating too many carbohydrates, including sugar, which helps keep weight off.
- Those who are on medication for high blood pressure or high cholesterol may see improvements significant enough to lower medications or come off of it entirely.
- Studies have shown 90% of patients maintain at least 50% of excess weight loss after surgery.
- You may see hormone improvements, including increased testosterone and metabolism improvements.
If you are considering bypass surgery, please schedule a consultation with our award-winning gastric bypass surgeon. Dr. Clapp will work with you to determine if gastric bypass surgery or other options are best for you.